Tuesday, February 19, 2008

It's been a long time......

Lately I've been really productive with my "creativity". I go through some random spurts of inspiration and well, why not seize the moment? Old hobbies of mine have been resurrected and recent ones enhanced. For example, I used to be an "artsy fartsy" kid. Walking around the school with my portfolio and sketches all over my books. (including my bible) I've always loved art. I can't help but admire people who create beautiful, interesting, and original things with their hands. But this is one of those things I like to save for myself. It's mine and mine alone, my own personal hobby that I enjoy when I feel ispired and let it rip. As opposed to art classes that require a certain amount of art projects due YESTERDAY. That's ok....I tried it...Pass! I have many friends that are amazing artists and you would've never known. For me, it's JUST a hobby and lately I've been practicing this hobby quite fervently. I must say, I'm very proud of what my imagination has conjured up. Kinda' wierd but pretty cool. And then theres music.....Ah, my mistress. (Amy knows, she's totally cool with my affair) Melody, Harmony, Rhythm.....Need I say more? I can spend hours sitting down on my couch and just playing my guitar- then putting it down and groovin' on the bass- and if my fingers still work, I'll smack a practice pad around a bit...by the way, Monday...is my Piano day. But lately, I've slowed down on the practicing and have been putting more time into actually writing music. Sam and I co-wrote a song which we will play at Easter service. Also, I've been wrinting lyrics to a couple of arrangements I've had stashed away and they're coming out pretty cool. Think: James Morrison. I really don't plan on getting anything from this other than my own personal satisfaction. Its simply fun. But yeah....just thought I should share.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

lol..yea i completely agree with u on the whole love for music thing..music is just: AMAZING. im excited to hear the song u and sam worked on for easter..knowing u two, itll sound freakin awesome :)

u rock kenny..fo sho :)