Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Remembering Madam Publix Bag...

This is an old blog post of mine that was on my myspace. My only blog on my myspace actually. I just thought it deserved to join the other blogs...oh, if you're wondering, she is still around....

I don't really do this whole blog thing but what the heck...besides, this story is definitely worth it. Basically, I was on my way to work and extremely pressed for time. Everything was going smooth. Traffic wasn't hectic at all, the train made it to downtown fast and the metromover didn't break down. But once I stepped out of that metromover, it all changed... There was this "Woman" - Middle aged, buisness class - carrying her lunch in a publix bag. She was getting out of the metromover aswell and was right in front of me. The Escalator had a line of people so I decided to take the stairs. Guess who wanted to join me? You guessed it, "Madam Publix Bag". It was as if she was racing me to them. Anyway, she was trucking her way towards those stairs but once she started going down them it seemed as if she ran out of freaking gas! One by one - One by One - Holy Crap! I seriously thought this lady was playing with me or something. RECAP: 1)When we got out of the metromover - She got in front of me. 2)Walking towards the stairs - she was behind me and looked like a freaking linebacker trying to get in front of me 3) Down the stairs - She decided to relax, take her time and enjoy each stair one by freaking one. Moving on, there were people painting the rails so sadly, I couldn't go around her. I had to suck it up the whole way down. Mind you, I had about 3 minutes to cross the street get up the elevator and and get to the office. Towards the bottom I was feeling a bit impatient so I decided to go around her and dodge paint cans. She knew I was coming and had her Satanic publix bag waiting for me. One more step towards freedom and.........I tripped on her God forsaken Publix Bag!!! Everyone was asking me "Hey are you ok?" But Madam Publix Bag did a quicktake and kept on walking while swaying her publix bag side to side in victory. To not make this story any longer, I basically got up, limped all the way to my job looking like freaking Quasimodo and managed to make it on time. Next time I see that woman, I'll be waiting with a Costco bag and some running shoes.

4 comments:

Leelee's Cake-Abilities said...

Hey Kenny, I absolutely love this. Your writing is very creative. I could actually see you doing these maneuvers, or at least trying to, lol. You might be thinking..."What is this vieja doing with a blog"... If this thought crossed your mind, I belong to a scrapbooking and photography community and of course know some of the younger crowd and in someone's blog, came across yours. I'm glad I did. I had a great laugh!
Oh, by the way, it's Elizabeth from church, you know... Iggie's wife.

Jescel said...

this is hilarious kenny. you mademe cry.. yes, i cried from laughing from the quasimodo description.. hahahaa..

stephsharpe said...

haha, this story just made my day though it didn't make your day. Sorry, i just had a bad week.

Anonymous said...

UPDATE! :)