Thursday, July 17, 2008

Has anyone ever given you the "You got a problem" look? For example, let's say you're in the grocery store and someone skips you. They disrespectfully cut in front of you and give you the "What? You got a problem?" look?

Well, today was that day for me. This morning as I was exiting my community there was a peacock crossing the street. (Side note: You know how many communities have ducks? Well, we have peacocks.) Anyway, I stop to let it pass and then it happened....
The lazy bird was taking it's sweet time crossing the street and the cars behind me weren't too happy. So, I inched up slowly to scare it a bit so it can cross the street quicker... but the bird wasn't having it. Instead, he did something that absolutely shocked me. It gave me....the look! It stopped, turned it's head and threatened me with it's eyes saying "Dude, I'll kill you if you do that again". So, I let it pass. That bird earned my respect. It stood up to a car people!

Quite a stupid story, I know. But how often does a peacock size you up? No matter how inane the story may be, I had to share. Totally blog-worhty I believe. I hope you enjoyed it.

3 comments:

Merari said...

dude, that bird owned you.... lol.

Don't worry, it happens.

Anonymous said...

too funny

SmilingSally said...

Definitely a blog-worthy tale.