Monday, July 28, 2008

Suffering from Mac Narcolepsy?

Last night I had to upload some stuff into my computer and my connection was extremely slow. So, I set up everything to upload properly and let it upload overnight. My computer went to sleep! Automatically logged me off-line and paused my upload. No! I was so upset. Especially because I had a deadline. I wanted to make sure this would NEVER happen again so I was in search for a solution. There are ways to do this in your preferences (Which I should have done) but, I don't need my computer on all the time. I want it to sleep on it own...Just not when I have some important uploading. So, for all of you who have had the same problem in the past, here is the Solution.... Give your Mac Caffeine! It will stay on all night long as long as you have coffee in your cup. Basically, you have a cool little coffee cup icon at the top right menu of the screen and when you click it on, "Hot Coffee" will appear in you cup. When you click it off, your left with an empty cup. Pretty neat app I must say. If you want it...get it!

http://lightheadsw.com/caffeine/

No comments: